What to consider when filing a grievance (Article)

Debra Roth, Partner, Shaw Bransford & Roth P.C., a federal employment law firm, wrote the Ask the Lawyer article, "What to consider when filing a grievance" for Federal Times in November 2014.


"Federal workers are fortunate. They have several legally defined processes available to them to complain about workplace treatment, theoretically free from reprisal. Most employees in the private sector have none. For complaints made by employees in the private sector regarding hours of work, office location, a work assignment, or a colleague or supervisor who is treating you disrespectfully, the usual response is: “If you’re not happy here, you can leave.” Feds have multiple processes and forums to lodge workplace complaints. One such process, the administrative grievance process, has been viewed poorly by feds in the past. But I think it works, — sometimes."

Read the full article.

News source: Federal Times