Julia H. Perkins
Julia H. Perkins is a partner at Shaw Bransford & Roth, where she has practiced federal personnel and employment law since 2009.
Ms. Perkins’s law practice concentrates on representing federal officials and employees in all aspects of federal personnel employment law, with a focus on federal executives and managers and on representation of federal employees and law enforcement officers in IG, Internal, and Congressional investigations. She also provides legal advice and representation to several small agencies on a multitude of federal personnel law and employment discrimination matters, and represents federal employees, applicants and contractors in security clearance and suitability proceedings.
Ms. Perkins also regularly hosts FEDtalk on Federal News Radio.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Perkins was a Senior Counsel for Employment at the United States Senate, representing Senate offices on labor and employment law issues. Ms. Perkins also has extensive litigation and counseling experience representing private entities and state and District of Columbia governmental entities on employment law matters.
Areas of Practice
- Federal Personnel and Employment Law
- Private Sector Employers
- GSA Schedule Legal Services
- Federal Agency Legal Services
- Security Clearances
- Bivens Representation
- FOIA and Privacy Act
- Employment Law Training
- Association Law
- District of Columbia
- Illinois (inactive status)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- B.A., The College of William & Mary
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law
Associations & Memberships
- D.C. Bar
- Illinois Bar Association