Employment Law Services for Private Businesses
Shaw Bransford & Roth (SB&R) offers counseling and representation to private businesses in need of assistance in dealing with EEO (including disability and sex discrimination, and insurance defense) and other employment law issues.
Through the years, SB&R has developed a comprehensive practice in all areas of employment law, both public and private. Much of our employment law work has been with the federal government, centered on providing representation to managers and executives who have been the subject of complaints or matters raised by subordinate employees.
SB&R has developed a sensitivity to the needs of employers who are trying to manage their companies free from the fear of lawsuits or employee challenges to appropriate exercise of employer authority. Our law firm can provide effective representation and counsel in difficult personnel situations, including legal fallout from dismissals and resulting court actions. We handle insurance defense cases representing employers and employees assigned to us by insurance companies.
Following is a partial listing of areas in which representation can be provided:
- Defense of wrongful discharge and other litigation brought by dismissed or disgruntled employees in local or federal court
- Representation before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Review of personnel and employment manuals to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements and to minimize the likelihood of successful employee challenges to personnel practices
- Legal counsel with respect to planned downsizing, issues arising from problem employees, or other difficult personnel situations
- Advice concerning investigations of employee misconduct
- Legal issues related to problems with a company security program or employee security clearances (e.g., for those employers who are government contractors and need facility security clearances to function)